Sunday, August 3, 2008

Leading New Friends Down Old Paths

Bear and I met two new people yesterday who recently moved here from North Carolina. Seems Shannon and Rusty purchased one of Beau's babies who is now 8 years old. Not exactly a baby anymore but any how! You all know how I tend to ramble. Shannon wanted to get into showing her new horse so I got into my closet and pulled out some show clothes for her. Some were new Wrangler clothes that Court sends me but a few were some of the items I wore when I showed. The heavy glitzy sequined jacket that we placed fourth at World wearing. It's the one that weighs about 15 lbs. Not exactly suitable for Oklahoma in July but I wore it anyway. I dusted off the cobwebs and gave it to Shannon and she seemed pleased. One jacket actually still had a number on the back of it from a show! I wonder how long that has been in there. It made me think about old friends and old horses and old times and I loved it.

I still see a lot of you at Fair and bump into a few of you here andthere but it isn't the same as staying up all night and waiting for foals to be born or getting lost in the park after a few beers and a trail ride, (you know who you are!) or team penning til 4 am and having to be up to get to a show the following morning. I miss those days. I wish Shannon and Rusty the best of luck with their horses and will be there to cheer them on but to those of you who I ahvent seen in a while, Bear and I still do koolaid corner at Fair during the speed show and there is a spot for you on the rail. Meet us there and chat a while. Especially to John Saeger, I promise not to lock you in the portapotty this year. To Joni Leathers, try and keep your horse INSIDE the arena and not on our laps, and to Paula Buehrer...page me to the entry booth if you need a marguerita. Love you guys!

Blessings
Tena

No comments: