Friday, August 8, 2008

Pretty little girls, puppies and podcasts

Hey all,
It has been a crazy few days but I wanted to catch everyone up to date. Here is the recent view from my horse...First, pretty little girls...congratulations go out to Jake and LeAnn, Jeff and Laura Stratton's son and daughter in law on the birth of their daughter Avery. Awww, I can't wait to hold her. Papa Jeff and Nana Laura, congrats! You are grandparents and Jake and Leann will make wonderful parents.

Puppies! I am convinced that the only thing second to holding a new born baby is holding a puppy. We have taken care of a nice little mini aussie puppy by the name of Barney for a year when he arrived to us last May covered in ticks, skinny and with a broken rib. He is registered out the wazoo and now after all this, we get to find a lovely blue merle female and have puppies! The problem is that I am having trouble finding the perfect little girl for him. I thought I did from a woman who has way too many and was going to place one or two with me. Apparently though, she can't let go of even one. She is a collector and puppy collectors are like horse collectors, they end up with over 100 or so and the animals suffer. We will keep looking and keep an eye on this situation because I am really worried about it.

The podcast! Thanks to my publisher, Howell book house, a division of Wiley publishing and my wonderful web designer, Michelle, in the next few days, we will be offering you all a FREE, yes I said FREE audio version of the Teddy chapter from The Horses We Love The Lessons We Learn and a new bonus chapter called Big Boy, that is not even in the book because I just wrote it. We recorded the podcasts with me actually reading the chapter to you and it will be available to you as a gift beginning sometime the first of the week. Sooooooo watch for it, download it and enjoy it. Heres to pretty Avery, the female aussie we have yet to find and the free podcasted chapters for all of you. Cheers! Have a great week.
Blessings
Tena

No comments: