Monday, July 14, 2008

The Kentucky Horse Park

Good morning all,

It has been 12 years since Bear and I have been to the Kentucky Horse Park and I must say that we are ashamed that it has been so long. To have this wonderful, calming park filled with history of horses a mere five hours away and not to visit more often is a crime. We were invited to speak to the Bashkir Curly group down there friday and saturday and we met so many nice people both in the group as well as in the park itself. The gift shop is exquisite and the landscaping is perfectly maintained. If you havent been there, I suggest you plan a trip and if it has been a while, treat yourself to a day or maybe a weekend and just relax and see the many new displays.

The weather was beautiful and all the horses are well cared for and truly a sight to see. We went to the Living Legends barn early in the morning and watched as they bathed Cigar who is one of my personal favorites. We went on a hay ride through the park which is something we have not done before. What fun!

I want to thank the ABC resgisty for inviting us as well as the entire park staff for making our visit special. Pat and Tony for the wonderful compliments on my books which will soon be available in the gift shop and our friends Laura and Jeff Stratton for driving over from Columbus to spend some time with us. We love them very much.

So the view from the back of my horse today is the rolling hills and perfectly lined white fences of the Kentucky Horse Park. What a beautiful sight to see. Meet me in Kentucky because I will definately be going back soon.
Blessings
Tena

No comments: