Thursday, June 19, 2008

I just want to mow my grass!

As you all well know, today is the third week of June. In the summer of 2006, I purchased a TORO LX460 riding lawnmower from D and R Equipment in Maumee, Ohio and it broke down shortly thereafter. They were very kind in coming to pick it up being I had my daughter and husband both in the hospital at the time. They fixed it and sent it back only to come get it again for the same issues. I mowed a couple times and put it up for the winter. Come spring of 2007, the deck would engage and disengage by itself. Very dangerous, right? It was also chewing up belts so they came and got it several times over the summer. I believe they have had my mower in their shop more hours than I have actually used it to mow grass. So guess where my mower is? You got it. D and R Equipment in Maumee!

This time it was engaging and disengaging at random and one of the blades went clean through a piece of metal causing it to break off and shoot across the yard where my grandson had just come out to tell me dinner was ready and missed him by inches. So I call Toro whom I have spoken to several times about the fact that there was a problem with the deck that was never recalled but apparently there was a kit to fix it. I pointed out the danger of metal pieces flying off and they proceeded to give me a lecture about having children nearby while mowing. Ok, good point, he should not have come outside while I was mowing but metal pieces flying off their mowers and blades engaging and disengaging at will is much more dangerous, right?

Liz from TORO tells me that I should not mow grass more than six inches long and their mowers are not designed to mow more than 1/2 acre. Their dealer knew that I had two acres to mow when he sold me the mower. Michael Hoffman, CEO of TORO, are you listening by chance? Well if you are, you're going to love this one. I am now told that because of the deck issue, I have to choose one level in which to mow my grass even though I purchased a mower with five levels. She told me that if she were me, she would sell the mower to someone else and let it be their problem. They even tried to tell me that my warranty has expired while it has been in the shop for almost a month now. Is this the way Toro takes care of their customers and stands behind their mowers? If so, I want a John Deere.

So as I said, D & R Equipment picks up the mower again on May 23 and since that time they have been telling me that they are "waiting for parts". It has been almost a month and they are still waiting for parts. Today, I call to see if the parts have come in and they answer their telephone, "YEAH!" with attitude and the most unprofessional manner that I have ever heard. Not becoming to a respected toro dealer. What is their answer to my same old question? You guessed it, waiting on parts. They have sold me a really bad mower, have attempted to fix it several times, have had it in their shop way too long and too many times, have tried to blame me for the problems, now both them and TORO are treating their customers with total disregard.

Mr. Michael Hoffman, Liz and every other person at Toro, you are the view from my horse today because I just want to mow my grass and it is getting too long to see anything other than from the back of a horse. In todays economy, I say we need to put our hard earned dollars in the pockets of those who appreciate it enough to treat us with common courtesy and let the rest of them just go out of business. I suggest we start with buying a John Deere from the Andersons or another competetor and the people who claim to know how to repair mowers, go back to mowing grass for a living. I have made 27 phone calls to date to Toro asking for help and I am still mowing my grass with a 15 year old huskee while my "new" mower is sitting in the shop.

I will give you all an update if this problem is ever resolved but for those of you in the market for a new mower, take my advice and pass on this mower, this company and this dealer. If you stop by, I might not be able to see you through the tall grass so whistle and I will come out and play marco/polo with you until I find you.
Blessings
Tena

No comments: