Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cow Hunting

I have never been a big fan of hunting. Yes, the obvious reasons apply however I really don't like the wild gamey taste of hunted meat. This especially applies to the taste of deer meat. My husbands aunt and uncle raise beefalo in Colorado. Beefalo are cattle bred to buffalo. They tell me it tastes really good but I have yet to see or taste proof of this. I know that horsemeat is a delicacy in several countries but eat a horse? NEVER!

The economy being what it is, I will admit that I really miss a good steak now and then. Give me a T-bone or a porterhouse with some Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce and I am in heaven. So this is what led to the conversation between myself, my husband and a couple of clients the other day. We decided that there ought to be open season on cows. Now I am just asking for one day. One day where it is legal to hunt cows. I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I would be the first one to pick up a gun and go sit in my neighbors pasture and bag me a freezer full of meat. I don't mean to sound cruel but come on, think about it. I couldn't hit the side of a big red barn with a rifle but sitting on a bale of hay along side of that pasture full of cows, I could probably eat steak for an entire season! Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Ok so cows are really cute. I get that, I do. But they taste good too. Ok, so I am a redneck and proud of it. Ok, so you might be a vegetarian and don't eat meat at all. Thats all right, you can eat a salad on the new open season on cows. It's just a suggestion and nothing more. The view from the back of my horse is the twenty acre pasture of cows nearby that slowly graze and soak up the sun and have no idea what I am suggesting. Tasty view. Stock up on Sweet Baby Rays!
Blessings
Tena

No comments: