Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ahhhh, summer!

Greetings!
Well it is Memorial Day weekend which marks the unofficial first days of summer. The grass is finally green, the trees are no longer bare and the coldest, longest winter is finally behind us. Our summer started with a bang as our daughter Jen has been in thehospital again. Jen has Crohns disease and with the medication comes a depleted immune system which leads to infections. She was admitted to the same hospital in which I have lost my dad and my brother in thelast year and that makes it difficult to even walk in the front door. Even the most beautiful summer day turns ugly when I enter those doors. The good news is that she was released last night and today I plan on cooking on the grill, getting out my flip flops and tank tops, slowing down the pace of everyday tasks and enjoying the horses a bit more. I am looking forward to a book signing this month at TSC in Wauseon and then on to the Kentucky Horse Park to present some seminars for the Bashkir Curly association in July. In between, keep that sunshine and warm air coming and allow us to be outdoors more and NOT at the hospital. The view from the back of my horse is all of you that I havent seen in a while just stopping by the barn and kennel to say hello and visit.
Blessings
Tena

No comments: