Friday, April 4, 2008

Equine Affaire

Greetings Bloggers,

Well I am still holding on to this upper respiratory infection but heading toward feeling better. Next weekend is Equine Affaire down in Columbus Ohio and we are excited to go. This will be our tenth year attending. Usually I give seminars while there however this year, I will be going for some fun. We stay with Jeff and Laura Stratton and they are the most fun a person can have. For those of you that have never been, you really should put it on your list. It is equal to Disneyworld for horse people.

The first year we went, it was in Dayton and the only person doing a demo was John Lyons. All the stallion stalls were inone room with the demo arena in the middle of the room. We used to sit on the top rails of our stalls to get the best view. Then it grew and was moved to the Columbus fairgrounds and occupies several buildings. When The Foal Is The Goal came out, I was asked to present seminars for them and it became so busy trying to do that and have our stallion there at the same time. So after six years of takinghorses, I walked out to the barn and asked the crew of horses, "Who wants to go to Equine Affaire?" No one raised a hoof so we went without them.

This year, we will visit with friends, see people we only get a chance to see once a year, sign a few books and party. My buddy Courtney from Wrangler will be coming up from North Carolina this year and it will be great to see her. The weather can be unpredictable and we have had everything from below zero temps with snow to tornado warnings over the years but the shopping and the food is always good. I sometimes miss being a presenter however life has gotten busy and it wastime to let someone else do it for a while. I've presented at the Columbus event about six years, I have also done California, Kentucky and finally attended Mass. last November. All were fun but none of them outdo the Ohio one. I will have books with me but will be moving around a lot so if you are there and looking for a book or just need one signed, call me on my cell and we will come meet you. (419) 392-4036. If you have a booth there and would like us to stop by and say hello, give us a call too.

The view from the back of my horse will be Columbus Ohio the 10th through the 13th of April. Hope to see you there.

Blessings
Tena

No comments: